Most clients when they get started are looking to track a handful of Sources such as calls from Adwords, from Facebook or from their Website and send those calls to a call center Endpoint. This example will walk you through the steps to create a basic campaign.
Retreaver makes it possible to track multiple call Sources through to one or more call Endpoints in a matter of minutes.
Tell Retreaver how to handle and route calls
- In the menu navigate to Campaigns and click + New Campaign.
- Provide a Name and an optional ID.
- Next add Routing Settings to tell Retreaver where to send your calls that come in. "When nothing is pressed" is the default routing option.
- Create a call endpoint [ A.K.A "Call Buyer" if you're an affiliate ] in your call buyer menu. Place that call buyer in your campaign routing settings. Note: You can add more than one endpoint to receive calls.
Creating tags will give you the ability to route calls to certain agents based on any criteria you can imagine, Click here to learn more about tags.
- Click Create Campaign.
Add numbers to track your call sources
With the campaign routing instructions set, you next add Numbers to your campaign for tracking calls.
- Set up Sources you need to track. Add a first Source here. For example add sources such as:
- Next open the Campaign and click + New Number for Campaign. Note: if you closed that tab, go to Campaigns and click on the CID to open it again.
- Select the type of number and country. Optionally select the prefix and specific number.
- Select the associated Source from your list of created sources.
- Click Create Number.
To add additional tracking Numbers, repeat steps 2 to 5 for each of the Sources you want to track for this campaign.
Your basic campaign is now ready to track calls. To test and ensure routing is successful, follow our guide on how to test a call tracking campaign, or simply call the numbers you've added to the campaign and view your call log.
To display campaign numbers on your webpage dynamically, follow our guide on Dynamic Number Insertion.