Most clients when they get started are looking to track a handful of publishers such as calls from Adwords, from Facebook or from their Website and send those calls to a call center Endpoint. This example will walk you through the steps to create a basic campaign.
Retreaver makes it possible to track multiple call Publishers through to one or more call Endpoints in a matter of minutes.
Components of a Retreaver Call Campaign
- Each campaign begins with a publisher. Publishers send calls from certain web ads, landing pages, forms, call center transfers, billboard ads and so forth. Applying a publisher or source tag is optional, as some inbound calls might be returning customers or come from unknown sources.
- Campaigns need a destination [ a.k.a call buyer ] to send calls into. Retreaver uses call buyers to create and define a call destination. Call buyers can represent a single agent, a call center or a direct business line.
- Once you have a publisher and destination, its time to create the campaign! Campaigns contain: routing settings, IVR prompts, conversion criteria and webhook capabilities. Campaigns must create numbers or number pools which will be used to drive calls into this campaign.
Creating Call Publishers
Set up any publishers you wish to track. Add a Publisher here. For example add publisher such as:
Creating a Call Buyer [ Destination ]
Create a call endpoint in your call buyer menu. Enter the name and number of this destination, hours of operation and any tags you wish to filter for.
Applying tags to call buyers will give you the ability to route calls to certain agents based on any criteria you specify, Click here to learn more about filter tags.
Creating a Campaign
- In the menu navigate to Campaigns and click + New Campaign.
- Provide a Name and an optional ID.
- Next add Routing Settings to tell Retreaver where to send your calls that come in. "When nothing is pressed" is the default routing option.
- Place any call buyers you want to send calls to in your campaign routing settings. Note: You can add more than one endpoint to receive calls.
- Create any IVR prompts such as greetings or instructions you wish to play to callers.
- Specify your conversion criteria for this campaign.
- Set up any webhooks if you wish to send your call data to a third party during or after a call.
- Click Create Campaign.
Adding numbers to your campaign
- Open the Campaign and click + New Number for Campaign.
- Select the type of number and country. Optionally select the prefix and specific number.
- [Optional] Select the associated publisher from your list of created publishers. This will automatically tag any calls coming from this number with that publisher. You also have the option of using parameter mapping to dynamically attribute calls from various publishers when using a number pool.
- Click Create Number.
To add additional static tracking Numbers, repeat steps 1 to 4 for each of the publishers you want to track for this campaign.
To track simultaneous users on your landing page, we highly recommend using a number pool. This will enable tracking for multiple users by dynamically "leasing" out and inserting numbers to active leads on your page.
Your campaign is now ready to track calls!
To test and ensure routing is successful, follow our guide on how to test a call tracking campaign, or simply call the numbers you've added to the campaign and view your call log while using a temporary test buyer on that campaign.
If you wish to display campaign numbers on your webpage dynamically, follow our guide on Dynamic Number Insertion.