Welcome to Retreaver! Generally, new clients are looking to utilize call tracking in order to track or monitor events that occurred before, during or after a call.
Retreaver users seek to track a handful of Publishers who generate call traffic from Adwords, Facebook or from their Website and send those calls to a call center Endpoint such as a sales agent or customer support line.
Retreaver makes it possible to track multiple call publishers through to one or more call endpoints in a matter of minutes. This guide will walk you through the steps to create a basic campaign.
Components of a Retreaver Call Campaign
Track publishers & sources that generate calls:
Each campaign begins with a publisher. Publishers send calls from certain web ads, landing pages, forms, call centre transfers, billboard ads and so forth. Applying a publisher or source tag to a call is optional, as some inbound calls might just be returning customers or come from unknown sources.
Send calls to a call buyer / endpoint / destination:
Calls need a call buyer to route into. Retreaver uses call buyers to create and define a call destination. Call buyers can represent a single agent, a call centre or a direct business line.
Configure caller experiences using campaigns:
Once you have a publisher and destination, you must then create a campaign to design the call experience you wish to deliver. Campaigns can contain: routing settings, IVR prompts, conversion criteria and webhook capabilities. Campaigns must also create numbers or number pools which will be used to drive calls into this campaign for processing.
Creating Call Publishers [ Sources ]
Create any publishers you wish to track. Publishers require a source_id value for reporting and tracking purposes. Click to add a Publisher here.
Example publishers which include a source_id and a personal identifier.
Creating a Call Buyer [ Endpoint / Contact Handler ]
Create a call buyer you wish to route calls to. Call Buyers require a destination number and a unique identifier. Enter the name and number of this destination, hours of operation and any tags you wish to filter for. Click to add a Call Buyer here.
Applying tags to call buyers will give you the ability to route calls to certain agents based on any criteria you specify. For example: route calls to this destination only if they come from certain states, or include a specific caller attribute.
Click here to learn more about using filter tags to prompt callers for additional information.
Creating a Campaign
- In the menu navigate to Campaigns and click + New Campaign.
- Provide a Name and an optional ID.
- Next add Routing Settings to tell Retreaver where to send your calls that come in.
"When nothing is pressed" is the default routing option.
- Place any call buyers you want to send calls to in your campaign routing settings. Note: You can add more than one endpoint to receive calls.
- Create any IVR prompts such as greetings or instructions you wish to play to callers.
- Specify your conversion criteria for this campaign if you intend on using the campaign to track call conversions or sales:
Payout is the amount you pay a publisher for generating the call, and revenue is the amount a call buyer is paying to receive a call.
- Set up any webhooks if you wish to send your call data to a third party during or after a call.
Typically webhooks are used to integrate with a CRM system to create/update caller profile information, process conversions or update reporting & analytic systems with newly gathered call data. Retreaver uses [replacement tokens] to insert tag values into your webhooks.
Examples of webhook uses: 1) Validate Jornaya Lead's. 2) Confirm conversions on a third party platform. 3) Send gathered call attributes into a google spreadsheet [ or CRM ] for further processing.
- Click Create Campaign to complete the campaign creation process.
Adding numbers to your campaign
- Open the Campaign and click + New Number for Campaign.
- Select the type of number and country. Optionally select the prefix and specific number.
- [Optional] Select the associated publisher from your list of created publishers. This will automatically tag any calls coming from this number with that publisher. You also have the option of using parameter mapping to dynamically attribute calls from various publishers when using a number pool.
- Click Create Number.
To add additional static tracking Numbers, repeat steps 1 to 4 for each of the publishers you want to track for this campaign.
To track simultaneous users dynamically on your landing page, we highly recommend using a number pool. This will enable tracking for multiple users by "leasing" out and inserting numbers for active leads on your page.
Congratulations! Your call campaign is now ready to track calls!
To test and ensure routing is successful, follow our guide on how to test a call tracking campaign, or simply call the numbers you've added to the campaign and analyze your call log using a temporary test buyer to ensure calls are being processed correctly.