Retreaver uses a Ping as a type of Tracking URL. Tracking URLs are used in Campaigns to send messages to external or third-party systems via an HTTP request to a configured URL.
Retreaver supports three types of pings as part of our library of available Tracking URLs that are triggered by events that occur during a call.
Start Ping - Triggers a POST, GET to a third-party system as soon as the call is initiated. This ping is typically used to send caller data to a third-party service that will return additional data about the caller via a postback.
Selected Ping - Triggers a POST or GET to a third-party system as soon as a Call Endpoint (Buyer) is selected to be connected to. This ping is typically used to send data about the caller to the agent interface/CRM of the person who will be taking the call..
Answered Ping - Triggers a webhook as soon as the call is answered by the Call Endpoint (Buyer). This ping is typically used to update an external system with information about the fact that the call connected and who it was connected to.
Adding a Ping to a Campaign
- Edit the Campaign.
- Scroll to the Tracking URLs section and click the green Add button.
- Select the Ping from the drop-down menu and enter the details. Use Tokens to insert tag data into your URL.
- Click Update Campaign to save.
For more information about how to use Pings check out:
- How To Use A Start Ping
- How to Send Data to a 3rd Party Service when an Agent is Selected
- How To Add A Tracking URL To A Campaign